- This event has passed.
Detroit Financial Well-Being Innovation Challenge
February 2, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Every family deserves access to the resources and support they need to become financially stable — but the financial deck is stacked against Detroiters. How can we work together to unstack the deck, so that Detroiters have more opportunities to thrive financially?
From 1 to 2:30 p.m. EST on Wednesday, Feb. 2, United Way for Southeastern Michigan, in partnership with University of Michigan’s Poverty Solutions, will celebrate the official launch of the Detroit Financial Well-being Innovation Challenge! This revolutionary initiative challenges individuals and organizations alike to create bold new solutions to the systemic problems standing in the way of Detroiters’ financial stability — from low incomes and high expenses to unaffordable credit and inaccessible banking — and we want you to join us.
This event will include an introduction to the challenge and how to participate, as well as interactive idea-sharing activities and guest speakers and performers, including:
- Stephen Henderson – host, Detroit Today;
- H. Luke Shaefer – director, U-M Poverty Solutions;
- Darienne Hudson – CEO, United Way for Southeastern Michigan;
- Ber-Henda Williams – founder, The Power of Girlhood; and
- Orlando Bailey, engagement director at BridgeDetroit, as master of ceremonies.