- This event has passed.
LSA DEI Workshop: Diversity 101
March 30, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
For questions or requests for accommodation, please contact our Administrative Coordinator, Mikalia Dennis (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
In order to have meaningful, productive conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion, we must start with a common language. This session will provide an introduction to key terminology as well as the categories and labels we use to describe others and ourselves. We will also examine how our identities shape the way we enter the world and our interactions with each other. Emphasis will be placed on using our identities to help us understand the identities and experiences of others.
In this session, participants will:
– Identify the benefits of inclusive environments
– Review key terminology related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
– Reflect on the origin of identities, their intersectionality, and their meanings
– Use our own identities as a window to understanding the identities of others to build more authentic, empathic relationships
This session is open to all LSA employees. External guests may request to join as space allows.
- March 30, 2022
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- LSA DEI Workshop: Diversity 101
- Event Category:
- Gateway Events
- Event Tags:
- Diversity, Equity, ethnicity, Identity, Inclusion, racial justice, social justice
- LSA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- View Organizer Website
- Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234 United States + Google Map
Teaching inclusive and policy-relevant statistical methodsApril 3 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
CRLT Workshop: Cultivating an equity-focused mindset to improve educational outcomesApril 3 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Anti-Racism Graduate Research ShowcaseApril 3 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm