- This event has passed.
LSA DEI Workshop: The Microaggression Session
April 12 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on November 30, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on February 15, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on April 12, 2022 at 10:00 am
Microaggressions are verbal, behavioral, or environmental slights. They can be overt, subtle or unintentional, and lead to significant consequences.
In this session, participants will:
– Learn about “microaggressions” and other concepts relevant to this topic
– Obtain an understanding of the social and psychological impacts of microaggressions
– Engage in activities and dialogue to unveil microaggressions within the workplace
– Validate experiences with microaggressions
– Identify and discuss techniques to combat microaggressions, as a bystander or as a recipient
This session is open to all LSA employees. It is recommended that participants complete a course on Implicit Bias before taking this session. External guests may request to join as space allows.