- This event has passed.
LSA DEI Workshop: The Microaggression Session
June 10 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Jessica Garcia, LSA DEI Manager will lead this program updated to include content directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic. For questions or requests for accommodation, please contact our Administrative Coordinator, Mikalia Dennis (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Microaggressions are verbal, behavioral, or environmental slights. They can be overt, subtle or unintentional, and lead to significant consequences.
In this session, participants will:
– Learn about “microaggressions” and other concepts relevant to this topic
– Obtain an understanding of the social and psychological impacts of microaggressions
– Engage in activities and dialogue to unveil microaggressions within the workplace
– Validate experiences with microaggressions
– Identify and discuss techniques to combat microaggressions, as a bystander or as a recipient
This session is open to all LSA employees. It is recommended that participants complete a course on Implicit Bias before taking this session. External guests may request to join as space allows.