MBC – Seigle Impact Track
Business+Impact co-hosts the Seigle Impact Track as part of the campus-wide Michigan Business Challenge, in partnership with the Zell Lurie and Erb Institutes. The competition awards tens of thousands of dollars in prize pool to the most compelling business plans that deliver social and/or environmental impact. The competition is open to any team that has a U-M graduate or undergraduate student as part of it.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-23 SEIGLE IMPACT TRACK HAVE CLOSED
Seigle Impact Track Requirements
The winning team’s business plan must meet all MBC criteria as well as these requirements:
- Clearly identify a social/environmental issue.
- Articulate target population served; priority given to businesses targeting underserved populations.
- Identify social impact outcomes and key metrics with validation from community resources.
- Build a financially sustainable, scalable business model; priority given to businesses whose social mission is embedded into a scalable business model.
- Competitive teams will be able to demonstrate market or beta testing of their product/service viability, as well as steps taken towards prototyping and customer acquisition.
Specific Dates for the 2022-23 Challenge
Monday, October 24, 2022
Ross School of Business
Applications due by Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Round 1 Video pitch
All teams will give a three-minute pitch and have Q&A
Startup workshops offered for competitors
Round 2 In-Person Pitch
Friday, December 2, 2022
All teams will give a three-minute pitch and live Q&A
Semi-Finalists In-Person Pitch with Live Q&A
Friday, January 20, 2023
Michigan Business Challenge Finals and Awards
Friday, February 10, 2023
Teams present before judges and publicly in a showcase forum
2022 Seigle Impact Track Media
The Michigan Business Challenge Seigle Impact Track is sponsored by the Mark and Robin Seigle Entrepreneurial Innovation Fund and co-managed by Business+Impact, the Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, and the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Press announcement of Round Two winners in Dec. 2021
- Press announcement and spotlights on four finalists for 2022
- Great Quality Developments Wins the 2022 MBC Seigle Impact Track! Read the announcment