MBC – Seigle Impact Track
Business+Impact co-hosts the Seigle Impact Track as part of the campus-wide Michigan Business Challenge, in partnership with the Zell Lurie and Erb Institutes. The competition awards tens of thousands of dollars in prize pool to the most compelling business plans that deliver social and/or environmental impact. The competition is open to any team that has a U-M graduate or undergraduate student as part of it.
APPLICATIONS are due November 1, 2021 at 8 am ET.
Seigle Impact Track Requirements
The winning team’s business plan must meet all MBC criteria as well as these requirements:
- Clearly identify a social/environmental issue.
- Articulate target population served; priority given to businesses targeting underserved populations.
- Identify social impact outcomes and key metrics with validation from community resources.
- Build a financially sustainable, scalable business model; priority given to businesses whose social mission is embedded into a scalable business model.
- Competitive teams will be able to demonstrate market or beta testing of their product/service viability, as well as steps taken towards prototyping and customer acquisition.
2021 Seigle Impact Track Media
The Michigan Business Challenge Seigle Impact Track is sponsored by the Mark and Robin Seigle Entrepreneurial Innovation Fund and co-managed by Business+Impact, the Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, and the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Press announcement of Round Two winners in 2021
- Press announcement and spotlights on four finalists for 2021
- Parcel Health Wins the 2021 MBC Seigle Impact Track! Read the announcment
Specific Dates for the 2021-22 Challenge
Round 1 Video pitch
November 8-12, 2021
All teams will give a three-minute pitch and have Q&A
Round 2 Video pitch
December 3, 2021
All teams will give a three-minute Zoom pitch with live Q&A
Market and Financial Overview and Impact Assessment Due
January 14, 2022
Semi-Finalists Zoom Pitch with Live Q&A
January 21, 2022
Business Plan/ES Due
February 4, 2022
Michigan Business Challenge Finals and Awards
Friday, February 11, 2022
Teams present before judges and publicly in a showcase forum