MBC – Seigle Impact Track
Business+Impact co-hosts the Seigle Impact Track as part of the campus-wide Michigan Business Challenge, in partnership with the Zell Lurie Institute. The competition awards tens of thousands of dollars in prize pool to the most compelling business plans that deliver social and/or environmental impact. The competition is open to any team that has a U-M graduate or undergraduate student as part of it.
THE 2022-23 SEIGLE IMPACT TRACK COMPLETED IN FEBRUARY 2023.
THE 2023-24 SEIGLE IMPACT TRACK BEGINS IN NOVEMBER 2023.
Seigle Impact Track Requirements
The winning team’s business plan must meet all MBC criteria as well as these requirements:
- Clearly identify a social/environmental issue.
- Articulate target population served; priority given to businesses targeting underserved populations.
- Identify social impact outcomes and key metrics with validation from community resources.
- Build a financially sustainable, scalable business model; priority given to businesses whose social mission is embedded into a scalable business model.
- Competitive teams will be able to demonstrate market or beta testing of their product/service viability, as well as steps taken towards prototyping and customer acquisition.
2023 Seigle Impact Track Media
The Michigan Business Challenge Seigle Impact Track is sponsored by the Mark and Robin Seigle Entrepreneurial Innovation Fund and co-managed by Business+Impact and the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies.
General Dates for the MBC--Seigle Impact Track Challenge
Information session (RSVP here)
Applications due in the beginning of November.
Round 1 Video pitch
All teams will give a three-minute pitch and have Q&A
Startup workshops offered for competitors in the challenge.
Round 2 In-Person Pitch in early December.
All teams will give a three-minute pitch and live Q&A
Semi-Finalists In-Person Pitch with Live Q&A
Michigan Business Challenge Finals and Awards
Teams present before judges and publicly in a showcase forum