The Ross Accounting Outreach program helps students gain experience consulting with clients and solidify their accounting skills, as well as makes a greater impact on the community. This initiative was originally launched by the Detroit Neighborhood Entrepreneurs Project (DNEP) and the Business + Impact Initiative at Ross to help Detroit entrepreneurs with their accounting needs. This includes financial projections, and financial statements, amongst other accounting concepts. We are looking to recruit new, paid program coordinators to help manage and run this program next semester and through the summer.
In addition to hourly pay, this position comes with many other benefits.
– Learn how to manage and organize a team of other students
– Work with various faculty members and stakeholders in the social impact space
– Hone and practice accounting and financial analysis skills
– Consult with real entrepreneurs tackling unique business challenges
– Make an impact in the community
Our ideal candidate:
– Has a passion for helping others and entrepreneurship
– Has high emotional intelligence and is able to explain concepts in a simple, easy to understand way
– Is available every other Friday to meet with the entrepreneurs
– Is willing to learn and bring innovative ideas to the table