Faculty Research for Impact
Faculty Research for Impact (FR4I) is a new workshop series focused on taking the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and using faculty research to develop ideas that directly impact those goals. For each session, Business+Impact will host an interactive design activity themed around one of the SDGs. Faculty members will have a chance to share their research in an informal setting and students from across campus will have the opportunity to brainstorm possible next steps for how the research can be applied to real-world applications that make a positive impact.
The Sustainable Development Goals are a blueprint for achieving a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice. The Goals interconnect and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve each Goal and target by 2030.
Visit our SDG page for complete info.
What is the format for FR4I Workshops?
Each event will be structured slightly differently, but will follow the following general segments:
- Faculty presentations on key research insights
- Design micro-charrette using specific design tools for problem identification
What events have been hosted so far?
- Faculty Research for Impact: Addressing UN SDG #13 – Climate Action
- Faculty Research for Impact: Addressing UN SDG #1 – Poverty Alleviation
- Faculty Research for Impact: Addressing UN SDG #3 – Good Health and Well-Being
- Faculty Research for Impact: Addressing UN SDG #10 – Reduced Inequalities
- Blog Post: Students Use Faculty Research To Develop Real-World Applications For Reducing Inequality At The +Impact Studio at Ross
Faculty Research for Impact Events
Faculty Research for Impact Articles