Providing a Pathway for Future Impact Leaders
How can you, as a changemaker, prepare to make a difference in the world? We face unprecedented challenges, from climate change and rising inequality to access to water, education, and health care. The economy is going through a generational re-organization driven by technology, globalization, and political upheaval. These challenges and opportunities cut across boundaries, and we need people like you who can collaborate across disciplines and professions.
Michigan Ross has always embraced the belief in business as a force for good. Business+Impact is a new school-wide initiative at Michigan Ross aimed at making the school a progressive source of ideas and solutions for how business can address the global challenges of our time. We aim to embed impact into every core activity of Ross, including teaching, research, and outreach. As such, impact is not a silo, but a part of the DNA of our business school.
Business+Impact can help you find your calling:
- Through our Impact Gateway, you’ll learn how to navigate a path through the broad landscape of impact opportunities found at U-M and ultimately pursue a career where you can make a difference.
- Through Ross’ partnerships and joint degree programs on campus, you’ll work in multidisciplinary teams, work with top thought leaders, and implement straight-to-market plans with community organizations.
- In Centers & Institutes and B+I’s Impact Studio, you can engage in short-term, deep-dive projects for the greater good.
- Embedded in your MBA or BBA course curriculum at Ross you can map your pathway toward an impact career.
- According to a recent article, “There Are 109 Ways To Make an Impact on the World While a Student at Michigan Ross“
The Sustainable Development Goals are a blueprint for achieving a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice. The Goals interconnect and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve each Goal and target by 2030.
Visit our SDG page for complete info.