Microaggressions are verbal, behavioral, or environmental slights. They can be overt, subtle or unintentional, and lead to significant consequences.
In this session, participants will:
- Learn about “microaggressions” and other concepts relevant to this topic
- Obtain an understanding of the social and psychological impacts of microaggressions
- Engage in activities and dialogue to unveil microaggressions within the workplace
- Validate experiences with microaggressions
- Identify and discuss techniques to combat microaggressions, as a bystander or as a recipient
All LSA staff, faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates currently employed in LSA are welcome to attend.
It is recommended that participants complete a course on Implicit Bias before taking this session. External guests may request to join as space allows.
LSA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion